My daughter is threatening to cut me off & not allow me around future kids if I dont attend her day wedding &embrace her lifestyle
Q:
I’m needing advice. I am a mother firm in my convictions but my decision will hurt my relationship with my daughter and this I do not want.
My daughter is gay and wants to get married. When she came out to us we choose love, we love both her and her friend and pray over them, they are involved with all our family does. They respect our boundaries of no PDA in front of us. We told her when we found out that we would never attend a wedding because this goes against our faith and what the Bible teaches… the thought of being there heavily convicts me. I have shared the truth with her but she does not share our belief.
She asked me in tears “Mom can you please attend and just ask God for forgiveness?” God forgives right? I need my family with me and I want to share the happiest day of my life with you. She also said if I don’t attend it will change the dynamic of our future and I won’t be a part of her families life if she has a child.
I know attending and celebrating this union is wrong it is not a marriage. I can’t explain conviction and the Christian lifestyle because she isn’t a Christian and does not understand. I’m wrecked as a mother, I don’t want to hurt my daughter. Seeking advice or support.
* I want her to see God as a loving God and see Christ though me but by standing in my conviction she feels God is more important to me than her and “He is” because without Him I would not have her…she does not understand this and dislikes God even more because we are Christians and not supporting her fully in all she does.
A:
You are right to decline. Attending gives legitimacy to a false union & to perversion. If she chooses that then thats her choice. Shes trying to manipulate you to compromise your Faith and to sin against God. You stand firm, continue onwards. Praying for her. Tell her if she loves you she wont sever the relationship. Just as you didnt when she told you she choose homosexual lifestyle which she knows is sin and never the truth worldview she was raised up in. And that if she does sever it, or lets her partner coherse her into it (for hatred of truth) then know the door is open to restore the relationship once she returns to her right mind. That youd rather protect her from going down that wrong path by being truthful and trying to stop her from that pain, but she has to make her own choices; ones shes accountable to God for.
This may be the only chance you have to say these things, so bodly and lovingly you have to.
Also warn her if she has a kid or adopts it, know that because of the twisted laws since lgbt became legalized, that the child even if biologically hers, can be ripped from her and given to that stranger non blood relative and taken from her forever if they "divorce". It will ruin her whole life and the child's.
Be sure she is completely aware of this before deciding to enter into a legalized sham marriage. Ive seen news reports on that very thing happening. It is better that she just stay partners in sin than bind legally via a marriage. Make sure she understands that. And then just pray God pulls her out of it.
The only reason they flee Christian family is to flee to darkness and depraved sexual sins because they hate truth and are lovers of darkness. What she needs is to be saved, put back in to a sane mind, and be born again by surrendering to God by Jesus/Gospel. She cant be ministered to if she flees thst, esp not by a loving family if she flees thrm. Who loves them more than God? Their godly parents. She needs to understand that.
After that convo I would ask her to think on it for the next week or two. Not from others input, but to think on it herself, and then come talk again with you.
Go from there.
One thing I would suggest when she returns is to ask if she ever really understood the Gospel and our need for Jesus. Then immediately show her needGod.com Gospel video. It makes it personal. It calls her to obey/recieve it. If at anything, that seed planted, even if she leaves now, it will sit in her cinscience and hopefully be what calls her out of her wickedness one day. Breaking out of the sin nature into transformation by God. Whether you are still alive or not. Keep praying for her & any "children" pulled into that lifestyle/worldview theyre living in. Pray the partner gets saved too. If they flee you, pray those things and perhaps in your lifetime that prodigal will return home. And gives you opp to witness also to the "grandchildren".
The only other thing is I would gift her a book by MacArthur called "The God who Loves". It corrects the worlds view of love. ✨️
I would also show her this and say it is the same thing whether the sin is gang life or lgbt lifestyles. If you dont listen to what Im saying in love, if you reject your own mother for the pleasures of sin, all I can do is turn you over to Jesus in prayer and hope you come to your senses. The path youre headed on is not worth it. Youre throwing everything away for temporary pleasures in sin, and if you die in your sins tomorrow, next week, next year theres nothing I can do. Judgment will fall and eternal punishment will begin. Flee from sin to the Savior who can make you a new person, transform you into a truth holder and righteousness pursuer. To be right with God your Creator, and begin a relationship with Christ your Savior. Being reset to your original design; to be in fellowship with God, pursuing holy living by the indwelling power of God by the new nature. Without God youre hellbound and the ground can give way any second. All I can do is lovingly call you to Jesus, and place my trust in Him that you will embrace the Gospel that saves you out of sin and into rightness. Turning from the worlds ways of sin and to Christlikeness in righteousness.
I also suggests you going through these materials, because ultimately her issue is an identity one. Shes embraced thr false one the world preaches, instead of the true one (being an image bearer of God). If shes open you can share these links too. Esp the seperate lgbt one and the one link about Adam & Eve (image bearing). But you need to understand it, to discuss ut rightly with her, in truth, by biblical worldview. Now and later.
1. Today's Identity Crisis
http://longertweets.blogspot.com/2024/03/todays-identity-crisis.html
* Deals w the sin issue/identity image
2. Today's Identity Crisis generation
http://twanswers.blogspot.com/2024/01/identity-crisis.html
* deals w lgbt topics
God bless